Monday, December 10, 2007

Called by the Spirit, the breath of God, to be a member of the Embers community,
we commit to saying yes like Mary did...
Profession of Commitment ~ Embers Lay Marianist Community
Feast of the Immaculate Conception, 2007

What a weekend! I don't have a lot of time to tell you everything... I'm on my way out the door soon to enjoy 5 days of silence at the Trappist Monastery in Kentucky - Gethsemani. Words can not express how much I'm looking forward to spending time delving into myself and into God...

However, I do want to say a few words about the weekend. You may recall that I've been working with a group of seniors at the University of Dayton who were in formation to become a committed Lay Marianist Community. I worked along side of another novice, Bro. Brandon Alana and a Lay Marianist couple Joan and AJ Wagner. Well... on Saturday, the Feast of the Immaculate Conception (and our Sisters' patronal feast day!) the community made their commitment in the context of a Eucharistic Liturgy on the UD campus. What a liturgy! It was joyful... it was moving (I actually cried!)... and it was such a celebration of the Marianist Family.

Unfortunately, I don't have a lot of time to go into details. Thank God for Bro. Brandon... he's published some details on his blog. Feel free to check out what he's said at http://web.mac.com/balana/MyBlog. Don't worry, I got his permission to post a link to his blog within my own. Explaining, of course, that I'm a slacker and I'm grateful for his dedication. :)

Well, I'm off. Know of my prayers for all who read this and I'll tell you more upon my return from Gethsemani!

Many blessings on all who read this!
Sr. N

No comments: